- [Reading time: 1 minute]
- Today I’m serving you a Caribbean recipe: the blended golden mojito!
- YIELD 4 servings
- Sugar (for coating rims of glasses)
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 cup gold (not dark) rum (such as Mount Gay)
- 1/2 cup (generous) fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar or light agave nectar
- 4 to 5 cups ice cubes
- 12 fresh mint leaves plus 4 mint sprigs for garnish
Place enough sugar on small plate to reach depth of 1/4 inch. Run lime wedge around rim of 4 Martini glasses to moisten. Dip rims into sugar on plate. Blend rum, lime juice, and 1/3 cup sugar in blender until sugar dissolves. Add 4 cups ice; blend until slushy and almost smooth, adding up to 1 cup more ice, if desired. Add 12 mint leaves and blend until small green flecks appear. Pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with mint sprigs.